“So you want to be happy? Then stop letting the smallest things ruin your whole entire day. If you’re bored with your daily routine, do something unexpected. Stop complaining about how alone you are when you’re surrounded by people who actually care about you. Forget all the drama and let go of all the grudges you’ve been holding. Stop wasting time lingering over all that you could have, should have and would have done. Stop spending your days thinking of how much better you could do; stop longing for something that has been and always will be out of your reach. Just live the days as they come. Wake up every morning and smile at the wonderful day that awaits you. Take a risk for once. Let yourself be happy, because you deserve it.”—Daily Relatable Love Quotes (via thelovewhisperer)
“You don’t just automatically love someone. you have to slowly learn to trust, then you start believing them. You want to be with them more to the point where you’re jealous of anyone who tries to be with that person. Then it gets you mad but you get past it, you can’t be jealous anymore. You can’t because you have this undying confidence that this person will never leave you, they will never betray you, and that they would never pick someone else over you, that you’re irreplaceable. That’s when the confidence hits you, that you really do love each other and it’s unbreakable.”—Daily Relatable Love Quotes (via thelovewhisperer)
“You’re perfect because everything you do makes me smile. Because every second spent with you is worthwhile. Because when you laugh at me, I laugh too. Because everyone else can see I’m devoted to you. Because I love your eyes and the way they shine. Because you don’t tell lies and you’re so cute when you whine. Because when you get mad, you can’t hide it. Because even when you’re sad, I can find it. Because the way you hold me sends shivers down my spine. Because I can never stop thinking about you. It’s not fair because you’re so perfect and no one else can compare.”—Poetic Love Quotes (via lovequotebook)
“It doesn’t make sense to call ourselves ugly, because we don’t really see ourselves. We don’t watch ourselves sleeping in bed, curled up and silent with chests rising and falling with our own rhythm. We don’t see ourselves reading a book, eyes fluttering and glowing. You don’t see yourself looking at someone with love and care inside your heart. There’s no mirror in your way when you’re laughing and smiling and happiness is leaking out of you. You would know exactly how bright and beautiful you are if you saw yourself in the moments where you are truly yourself.”—dirty wings (via thesublimepages)
1. Who you are now is not who you will be in 10 years. It is okay to be somebody new 10 minutes from now. We are always learning. We are always growing. If you realized 10 seconds ago that you don’t like who you are, shed your skin, retry, replant yourself in good soil.
2. Cleaning is instant therapy. When your brain is muddy, take a shower, wash your hands, change your clothes. Spend 15 minutes straightening your living room. When you are angry, scrub things. I know it’s crazy but it works instantly.
3. Forgive someone’s debt if it’s under 50 dollars, forgive the small things, give a little time to yourself and forgive the big things too. Forgiveness isn’t about the other person, it’s about you. That being said - if someone ever hurts you in a way that would make me cry to know, you get out of there, my love. You just get up and go.
4. Gum karma is real and if you spit out a piece in public expect to find some on your shoe in the future. Same goes for insults and harsh judgement, too.
5. Do what you love and the money will follow.
6. Live your life with an open palm and give as much as you can and as often. At some point in your life, someone will lend you 50 bucks when you’re down on your luck. Remember how that feels. Remember to give that back.
7. Always wear clean underwear. You’ll thank me later.
8. There is a difference between being kind and being passive and there are those who cannot see that difference. They will try to walk all over you. Never bend your knees for those who do.
9. Have faith. Have faith in god or people or yourself or science or in luck or in all of the above. Faith is what keeps us going, faith is what keeps us strong.
10. Pay your bills on time whenever you can, although money is nothing. Remind yourself that.
11. Do not forget you were once ignorant of all you know now. Be patient of anyone who hasn’t had the education you have. Speak at the level of the person you are with - it’s not playing dumb, it’s being considerate. There’s no reason to make them feel uncomfortable. Plus then when someone starts going off about their superior IQ, you can cut them to pieces and watch their face when you do.
12. You are the best person in the room for one particular thing, and that’s confidence. You are the worst person in the room for another thing, and that’s humility. Use both carefully.
13. Never make fun of someone’s beliefs or superstitions, let your kid keep their imaginary friend and let your best buddy believe in knocking on wood. We all have security blankets. Don’t take away someone else’s.
14. Try to learn something new every day.
15. The worse you look, the more likely you are to run into someone you know so instead of feeling awkward, learn to be confident in sweats while talking to your friends.
16. Never go to bed angry, it will ruin your sleep and make tomorrow even harder. Find a way to relax. Don’t let today get to your head.
17. Think before you speak. When someone says something, mull over their words before answering. This is called listening, it is different than hearing.
18. What keeps love beautiful is that there’s risk involved. If he breaks your heart and it doesn’t hurt, it wasn’t love in the first place.
19. Never let someone else determine who you are or how happy. You are too strong to be torn apart.
20. I love you, even when we are fighting, even when I am fast asleep. Don’t doubt it for an instant. You are my everything.
”—Life lessons my mother has taught me from the side of her hospital bed (part 2/2 of a series) /// r.i.d (via oprosti)
“I want you, but you’re there and I am here and I can’t help but miss you every second of everyday. I hate not being able to see you whenever I want. I hate not being able to look into your eyes. I hate not being able to get lost in the comfort of your arms. I hate not being able to make you laugh with a silly face. I just hate being apart from you. I hate missing you.”—Daily Relatable Love Quotes (via thelovewhisperer)
“It’s not about where you are. It’s about how you got there. It’s not about what has knocked you down, it is about what has given you the strength to pick yourself up and try again. It’s not about the hell he put you through, it’s about how much better off you are now without the poor twit that only ever dragged you down and stopped you from becoming the person you need to be. Because in life you can’t have positives without negatives, just as you can’t go through the hard times without knowing that the good times are just up ahead - if you choose to pick yourself up and walk that way.”—Daily Relatable Love Quotes (via thelovewhisperer)